Brian – 2 Berth Pop-Top Campervan
Brian is the third of our very nice, top of the range VW T25 Westfalia campervans. He’s an aircooled 1980 “joker” model – the oldest of our westy’s, but also with his round headlights, patterned interior and a swan brown paint job, the most classic. He’s like stepping in a time machine back to the age of pac man, chunky mobile phones, mullets and BMX (but with more style!)!! Brian is a 2.0 aircooled automatic – he’s very easy to drive and makes a wonderful noise. He stood on the cusp of history – the last VW model with an aircooled engine and an engine in the back, but rolled off the production line one of a new generation of more modern, refined and spacious transporters which were and remain light years ahead of Bays and splits for drive- and use-ability.
For those not acquainted with the Westfalia model, these were very high spec and sought after model offering superb practicality and use of space. Westfalia were the only officially recognised VW camper van conversion so the interior is second to none. The “westy” is the version everyone wants to own.
Standard features in Brian are:
- 2 full size double beds – one rock and roll double bed downstairs, another full width double in the expanding roof
- 2 hob gas stove
- 3 way fridge (runs of gas, battery or mains hookup)
- sink and running water
- electric hookup with interior plug socket (charge your phone/watch the laptop!)
- super comfy captains seats with armrests which turn round to face the back seats
- “poptop” roof so you can stand up inside at night, but drive with ease in the day
- masses of storage
- movable table top
- all round curtains …etc etc.
In addition to the above, our vans have also been upgraded to feature and include:
- 3 window roof canvases (for additional ventilation and views)
- valuables safes
- CD/MP3 sound systems (with Ipod input)
- Tom Tom EU satellite navigation sets
- full crockery and cutlery
- fold up camping chairs and table
- BBQ, coals and lighters.
Everything you need, basically….